Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Thrift | Shop | Challenge



Hey ya!

So, the good people over at Young House Love posted this Macklemore Thrift Shop Challenge bout a week ago and I knew I wanted to give it a try.  I love to shop, and I love it even more when I find a good deal!! T.J. Maxx and Marshall's are my best friend, but on occasion I like checking out local thrift stores too. What I love about them is that you really have to dig around but you never know what you may find!



The goal of this challenge was to go thrift shoppin' with just $20 in your pocket (like the song says) and spend it on whatever you wanted. You were supposed to take a pic of yourself outside the shop with your $20, but I forgot to go to the ATM (i rarely carry cash anymore) so I took a lame pic of myself with my phone sans 20 dollar bill anyway. But, I promise you I did not spend more than $20 though!

I think my total was $18 something?

I really do not like this photo I took of myself quickly before I entered Goodwill. But I am going to play along and post it anyway! Gotta love how my wrinkles and creases show up while I look into the sun!

-----OK. sorry I had to take down this photo of me. It was really creepin' me out. lol--------

Also, to make it even more fun (as if shopping could get more fun??!) there was a scavenger-hunt type of quality to the challenge as well, as you were supposed to snap a photo of something heard in the song.

I found a pair of moccasins as referenced in the song. Not bad right? hahah


And, here's what I went away with for real!


  • 2 matching wrought iron candlesticks (I love wrought iron and liked that it was a pair!) $3.93
  • cute lace top $2.99
  • Cotto floor tile (that can be hung on a wall) $2.12
  • 5x7 picture frame $1.91
  • cute gold flats $3.99





Do you like thrift shopping? And if so, where do you go and what gems have you found??

Peace

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS